Vacancy : Communications Consultant (Roaster) – Ethiopia
Vacancy Notice: Any other duty assigned by the Head of the Communications Practice Area and/or CEO
KEMMCOM’s Communications Practice Area supports the development and execution of strategic, digital, and internal communications strategies for public, private, and non-profit Organisations in Ethiopia. Reporting directly to the Head of Practice-Communications, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for executing communications strategy, training, audit, policy, and regulatory affairs projects in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience in communications and digital technology, with a demonstrated ability to lead strategy, training, and audit projects from inception to completion. They must exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, project management expertise, and Organisational abilities. The Communications Consultant will work independently on projects, handling multiple activities under pressure and meeting deadlines.
– Lead the development, execution, and monitoring of projects in collaboration with members of the Communications Practice Area and other internal stakeholders within Ethiopia.
– Conduct research on the company’s strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other relevant areas to provide inputs for the strategy development process.
– Compile case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories.
– Prioritise conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, and proactively follow through on projects to successful completion, often under deadline pressures.
– Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of the Communications Practice Area and/or CEO.
– Minimum of a Master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field from a recognized Ethiopian University with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
– Strong Organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
– At least three years of relevant experience in developing, designing, producing, and publishing/disseminating business communication content and messaging, specifically within the Ethiopian context.
– Demonstrated experience in developing effective, efficient, and innovative business communication strategies in Ethiopia.
– Relevant experience in Ethiopia, preferably with Ethiopian Organisations, non-profit Organisations, and technology and finance sectors.
– Previous experience working in various regions of Ethiopia in the Communications field.
– High level of team leadership and team-building skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, and competence in synthesising and synchronising individual reports prepared by experts.
– Strong analytical skills, sound judgement, and the capacity to think strategically, including producing high-quality outputs. Full professional fluency in English and Amharic, and proficiency in other local Ethiopian languages is a plus.
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
– Emotional maturity.
– Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to work effectively independently.
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.