Vacancy : Communications Consultant
KEMMCOM’s Communications Practice Area supports the development and execution of strategic, digital, and internal communications strategies for public, private, and non-profit organizations. profit organizations. Reporting directly to the Head of Practice-Communications, the Communications The consultant will be executing communications strategy, training, audit, policy, and regulatory affairs projects in a collaborative work environment. The ideal candidate would have strong experience in communications and digital technology. with the demonstrated ability to lead strategy, training, and audit projects from inception to close. He or she will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, project management, and organizational abilities. The Communications Consultant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple activities at a time.
– Leads the development, execution, and monitoring of projects in collaboration with members of the Communications Practice Area and other internal stakeholders.
– Conducts research on the company’s strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other areas as part of the work of providing inputs to the strategy development process.
– Compile case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Any other duty assigned by the Head of the Communications Practice Area and/or CEO
A minimum of Masters degree in Journalism, Communications, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognized University with a GPA of 3.4 and above
– Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
– At least three years of relevant experience in developing, designing, producing, and publishing/disseminating business communication content and messaging
– Demonstrated experience in developing effective, efficient, and innovative business communication strategies;
– Relevant local and international experiences in related assignments, preferably with State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), multinational companies, and/or sizeable communications projects in the CSO sector in Ethiopia;
– A high level of team leadership and team building, writing and presentation skills, high competence in synthesising and synchronizing of individual reports prepared by experts;
– Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and the capacity to think strategically including producing high-quality outputs and fluency in Amharic and English language. Speaking other local Ethiopian languages is a big plus;
– Comprehensive and current knowledge about Ethiopia’s overall business ecosystem, strategy, state-owned enterprises management, including an understanding of corporate financial management’s principles and practices in public enterprises and the financial modus operandi of public enterprises in Ethiopia.
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-faced, and collaborative work environment.
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions