Vacancy : Digital Literacy Consultant (Roaster) – Ethiopia
KEMMCOM’s Corporate Affairs Practice Area supports the development and execution of corporate affairs strategy and services for public, private, and non-profit organisations.
Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Corporate Affairs and Communications, the Digital Literacy Consultant leads digital literacy projects for the Practice Area and works collaboratively with the KEMMCOM team.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience in coordinating training programs in secondary schools, universities, and other locations with a focus on youth and/or adolescent audiences. They should demonstrate the ability to plan, coordinate, and execute projects from start to finish. Additionally, the candidate should have experience in planning and executing digital campaigns for large-scale accounts or organisations, involving coordination with internal and external stakeholders. As a digital native with a keen eye for quality content, well-run platforms, and value delivery, the consultant will work independently on projects, handling multiple tasks under pressure.
– Lead the development, execution, and monitoring of training programs in collaboration with members of the Corporate Affairs Practice Area and other internal stakeholders.
– Manage outreach, registration, and stakeholder management for training programs involving multiple stakeholders.
– Conduct digital research projects on the operating environment.
– Compile case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and collaborating with team members and external vendors for publication.
– Lead project start-up processes, including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, setting up administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring local staff, mobilising subcontractors, and managing office and accommodation arrangements.
– Monitor different projects to ensure adherence to KEMMCOM’s Code of Conduct and quality standards.
– Prioritise conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, and proactively follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Manage a team of associates, interns, short-term staff, and consultants.
A minimum of Masters degree in Law, Communications, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognized university with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
– Excellent Organisational skills with a proven track record in project management.
– Strong Organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, partners, vendors, other consultants, regulators, and clients. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
– Previous experience working in different regions of Ethiopia.
– Expert-level written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic. Proficiency in other local languages is advantageous.
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
– Emotional maturity.
– Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to work effectively independently.
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
– Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.