Vacancy : Finance and Administrative Assistant
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance and Administrative Assistant provides finance and executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and communication skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
– Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Board Chairperson & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing statutory payment and compiling expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
– Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
– Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Board Chairperson and CEO, with Board members, clients, partners, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
– Researches, prioritises, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
– Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Supports the statutory and regulatory affiliations of the company including those with the Ministry of Revenues, Partners, Clients, and a broad stakeholder group of public and private sector actors.
– Completes all outstanding payments of the company including taxes. Ensures approvals and filing are completed on time.
– Assists CEO and team in handling administrative matters including copying, filing, reporting, and ensuring that facilities are kept in good working order. Manages operational relationships with different stakeholders and follows-up on outstanding operational matters.
– Works with external auditor to ensure external compliance is maintained.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, Marketing and/or a related business field from a recognised University.
– Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
– Expert level written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with a strong decision-making capability
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions