Vacancy : Project Manager- Communications
KEMMCOM’s Communications Practice Area supports the development and execution of strategic, digital, and internal communications strategies for public, private, and non-profit organisations.
Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Communications, the Project Manager- Communications leads strategic communications projects for the Practice Area and members of the KEMMCOM team in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a strong experience in communications and digital transformation with the demonstrated ability to lead strategy, training, and audit projects from inception to close. H/she will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, project management, and organisational skills. The Project Manager will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple activities at a time.
– Leads the development, execution, and monitoring of projects in collaboration with members of the Communications Practice Area and other internal stakeholders.
– Leads proposal development in response to requests for proposals for field-based projects including written inputs, budget inputs, recruitment, client communication, and general coordination work in the proposal development and submission processes.
– Conducts research on the company’s strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other areas as part of the work of providing inputs to the strategy development process
– Compile case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories
– Leads project start up processes including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring local staff, mobilizing subcontractors, and managing office and house arrangements.
– Leads the monitoring process of different projects to ensure they adhere to KEMMCOM’s Code of Conduct and quality standards.
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Co-Leads the statutory and regulatory affiliations of the company in the assigned practice area including those with the Ethiopian Media Authority, partners, clients, and a broad stakeholder group of public and private sector actors.
– Manages a team of associates, interns, short-term staff, and consultants
– Any other duty assigned by the Head of the Communications Practice Area and/or CEO
– A minimum of Masters degree in Journalism, Communications, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
– Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-faced, and collaborative work environment.
– Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions