Vacancy : Digital Literacy Consultant (Roaster)
KEMMCOM’s Communications Practice Area supports the development and execution of strategic, digital, and internal communications strategies for public, private, and non-profit organisations.
Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Corporate Affairs and Communications, the Digital Literacy Consultant leads digital literacy projects for the Practice Area and members of the KEMMCOM team in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a strong experience in a project coordination role in projects involving the coordination of training programmes in secondary schools, universities, and/or other locations with youth and/or adolescent audiences with a demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute projects from inception to close. He/she comes into the role with experience of planning and executing digital campaigns for large-scale accounts or organisations requiring planning and coordination with both internal and external stakeholders. A digital native with an eye for quality content, well-run platforms, and value delivered, the consultant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple projects at a time.
– Leads the development, execution, and monitoring of training programmes in collaboration with members of the Communications Practice Area and other internal stakeholders.
– Leads the outreach, registration, and stakeholder management of training programmes involving multiple stakeholders.
– Leads digital research projects on the operating environment.
– Compiles case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories.
– Leads project start up processes including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring local staff, mobilising subcontractors, and managing office and house arrangements.
– Leads the monitoring process of different projects to ensure they adhere to KEMMCOM’s Code of Conduct and quality standards.
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Manages a team of associates, interns, short-term staff, and consultants
A minimum of Masters degree in Journalism, Communications, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.4 and above. Education and/or work experience in more than one market is strongly preferred.
– Excellent organisational skills tested with a track record in a project management setting.
– Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, partners, vendors, other consultants, regulators, and clients. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment.
– Previous experience working in different African countries in Digital literacy area mainly in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Sudan, South Sudan, Ghana, or Somalia;
– Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English, French, Arabic, and/or local African Languages (including, but not limited to Amharic, Kswahili, Somali, Luganda, and others) Expert level French or Arabic is a plus for Anglophone countries. French is mandatory for francophone countries;
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions