Vacancy : Junior Accountant/Finance Officer
Reporting directly to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Junior Accountant is an important member of the Corporate Services team providing finance operational support to the KEMMCOM team in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in accounting with strong written and verbal communication, analysis, and organisational skills. The Junior Accountant ensures that the company meets its statutory and regulatory obligations and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple activities at a time.
– Maintains accounts receivable, document bills, and providing supporting documentation on all expenses
– Maintains accounts payable, ensure timely payment of invoices by passing through appropriate approvals ensuring quality control of transactions and reporting
– Updates financial records on appropriate accounting software like Peachtree and/or Sage
– Gathers payroll expenses and input into appropriate entry line
– Prepares periodic financial reports under the supervision of senior management
– Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
– Coordinates the preparation of regulatory reporting
– Supports month-end and year-end close process
– Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Supports the statutory and regulatory affiliations of the company in the assigned practice area including those with the Ethiopian Media Authority, Partners, Clients, and a broad stakeholder group of public and private sector actors.
– Assists teams in handling administrative matters including copying, filing, reporting, and ensuring that facilities are kept in good working order.
– Manages operational relationships with different stakeholders and follows-up on outstanding operational matters.
– Any other tasks assigned by the Finance and Administrative Manager and/or CEO
A minimum of Bachelors degree in Accounting and/or Finance from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.0 and above.
– Three years experience working in a medium sized enterprise in Ethiopia with more than 10 employees and annual revenues of more than 5million
– Experience working on accounting software like Peachtree and Sage
– Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-growing company and provide solutions to these growing pains
– Ability to think strategically and execute with efficiency
– Understands and respects the importance of discretion in dealing with financial matters
– Strong adherence to standards, systems, and protocol in ensuring the financial health of the organisation
– Ability to adapt to and perform well in a multicultural setting composed of people from different backgrounds and strong opinions
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions