Vacancy : Project Associate (Corporate Affairs)
KEMMCOM’s Corporate Affairs Practice Area supports public, private, and non-profit organisations in the management of their corporate reputation through strategic alliances, in-depth understanding of their operating environments, and regulatory support. It goes beyond communication and generating positive reviews in media and supports a holistic engagement through robust stakeholder management, risk identification, and 21st century engagement.
Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Corporate Affairs, the Project Associate (Corporate Affairs) provides project and administrative support for the Practice Area and members of the KEMMCOM team in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a strong background in law and/or strictly regulated industry like pharmaceuticals, medicine, and others with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, project management, and organisational skills. The Project Associate will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple activities at a time.
– Supports project managers in developing, executing, and monitoring projects.
– Supports proposal development in response to requests for proposals for field-based projects including written inputs, budget inputs, recruitment, and general coordination work in the proposal development and submission process.
– Conducts research on the company strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other areas as part of the work of providing inputs to the strategy
– Compile case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories
– Supports project start up processes including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring local staff, mobilizing subcontractors, and managing office and house arrangements.
– Support in the organisation of events including workshops, seminars, training, and presentations for senior members of the team
– Support the monitoring process of different projects to ensure they adhere to KEMMCOM’s quality standards.
– Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Head of the Corporate Affairs Practice Area including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
– Completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the team’s ability to execute on projects.
– Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
– Supports the statutory and regulatory affiliations of the company in the assigned practice area including broad stakeholder group of public and private sector actors.
– Assists teams in handling administrative matters including copying, filing, reporting, and ensuring that facilities are kept in good working order.
– Manages operational relationships with different stakeholders and follows-up on outstanding operational matters.
– A minimum of Bachelors degree in Law, Economics, Medicine, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
– Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
– Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-faced, and collaborative work environment.
– Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
– Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
– Emotional maturity
– Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
– Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
– Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions