Vacancy : Public Policy Consultant (Roaster) – Sahel Region
KEMMCOM’s Corporate Affairs Practice Area is seeking a skilled Public Policy Consultant to support our projects in the Sahel region. The consultant will play a critical role in providing strategic guidance and expertise in public policy development and analysis. He/ she will collaborate with the project team to assess policy needs, conduct research, and develop recommendations that align with local contexts and address key challenges in the Sahel region. This role requires a deep understanding of the policy landscapes in the Sahel and the ability to influence and shape policy decisions through evidence-based research and advocacy efforts.
Collaborate with the project team to analyse and identify public policy needs and priorities in the Sahel region.
• Conduct comprehensive research and analysis to understand the current policy environment, relevant laws, regulations, and political dynamics in the region.
• Provide strategic guidance and recommendations on policy development and implementation, considering the local context and challenges.
• Engage with government officials, stakeholders, and civil society organisations to gather insights, build relationships, and advocate for policy changes.
• Develop policy briefs, reports, and presentations that communicate research findings, recommendations, and policy implications.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of policy changes, identifying successes, challenges, and areas for improvement.
• Stay updated on emerging trends, best practices, and advancements in public policy, both regionally and internationally, and integrate relevant knowledge into the project.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure policy recommendations are aligned with project goals and objectives.
• Support capacity-building efforts by designing and delivering training programs on public policy development and analysis.
• Manage project timelines, deliverables, and quality standards, while effectively managing multiple tasks and priorities.
Master’s degree in Public Policy, Political Science, International Development, or a related field.
Proven experience in public policy development, analysis, and advocacy.
• In-depth knowledge of the policy landscapes, political dynamics, and governance structures in the Sahel region.
• Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to gather and synthesise complex information into actionable policy recommendations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and proficiency in local languages of the Sahel region (Arabic, French, and others) with the ability to effectively communicate research findings and policy recommendations to diverse audiences.
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills to engage with government officials, stakeholders, and civil society organisations.
• Ability to influence and shape policy decisions through evidence-based research and advocacy efforts.
• Familiarity with policy evaluation methodologies and tools.
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organisational and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience working on public policy issues in the Sahel region is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of international best practices and approaches in public policy development is advantageous.